This is my first day back at work since the festive season and it has been a quality two weeks.
As always, my blog-rate drops heavily during the holidays so here is a quick catch-up delivered through the helpful medium of bulletpoints:
- I won a competition hosted by our Volunteering department to design a Christmas tree decoration, judged by none other than the SU President himself!
- I got incredibly drunk at the Notts SU Christmas staff party.
- I spent a few days in Devon with my girlfriend's family and met her Austrailian relatives.
- Alexandra Burke was the Christmas No.1 with her version of Hallelujah but the Jeff Buckley Facebook campaign nevertheless achieved a No.2 victory. This is incredible when you consider that it was solely achieved through downloads.
- I had the usual Christmas Day of food, board games and television. Not to mention the latest Wallace & Gromit.
- we had an epic night out for my mate's birthday on the 27th in Rescue Rooms.
- we had another epic night out in Swanage for NYE, where we stayed at Little Kate's B&B and kitted ourselves out in our finest fancy dress (see right).
- myself and Kerrie got disasterously lost on the way home from Swanage and Kerrie came this close to puking in my car.
- me and Laura celebrated our two-year anniversary in Stratford by watching the RSC perform Romeo & Juliet.
So I've been to Devon, Swanage, Birmingham, Diseworth and Stratford. All in all, it has been an exhausting but incredible Christmas.
And it's only 354 sleeps to go until the next Christmas!