Tuesday 6 January 2009

NYR 2009

a
Right, New Year's Resolutions 2009 took a bit of thought.
a
I have scrapped the whole 'Re-Connecting with Old Friends' thing, as it's hard to measure and something that I do without trying anyway. I considered putting down 'Travel' but that would be cheating, as I have already booked holidays to Greece and Japan. 'Save Money' very nearly made it to the list but I have been doing that for the past few months anyway and doing more of that isn't too much of a stretch.
a
So... here is what I came up with:
a
1. Write - like all English Literature graduates, I want to be a writer. So this year I am going to start writing stuff and if it's shit then I can abandon this pipe-dream nice and early.
a
2. Read - all good writers are good readers. I am therefore going to attempt to read one book every week. Ambitious.
a
3. Cook - I love watching cookery programmes but I do very little of it, so this year it's time to get the wok out.
a
4. Watch More Films (see right) - film is kinda my thing so this is being carried forward from last year. I shall measure this by going to the cinema at least once a week and watching other new films where possible.
a
5. Get Buff - this is also being carried forward from last year. I shall measure it by going to the gym at least three times a week. Very ambitious.
a
As for my progress, I'll keep you posted.
a

No comments: