Thursday 4 September 2008

On the Run

h
In an attempt to get fit and complete my New Year's Resolution to 'Get Buff', I have decided to run the Nottingham Robin Hood Half-Marathon.

I have therefore been in training this past month. This involves less drinking, more healthy food and a lot of running around West Bridgford. So far it is going well and I can now run seven miles quite comfortably.

None of this would have been possible were it not for my awesome Nike+ iPod accessory. The sensor goes into the sole of my Nike+ trainers and the other bit goes into my iPod - and amazingly it records how far and fast I am running! This is a great motivational tool when pounding the pavement, as a saucy American voice speaks into your ear each time you pass a milestone. And if you record a new time or reach a new distance then you get Paula Radcliffe or Lance Armstrong telling you congratulations!

There are just ten days until the half-marathon and it's starting to feel real. My race number even came in the post on Monday - I am number 12024.

So until Sunday 14th, I will be gathering the last remnants of my sponsorship money and running as much as I can.

See you at the finish line!
h

No comments: