Monday 2 March 2009

25 Things

a
Okay, I've been tagged in so many of these now that it's about time I wrote one. It was actually really addictive and I had trouble narrowing it down to just 25.

Here are 'The Rules'... if you get tagged then you have to write your own. Be honest. Write 25 Things: not a Thing more, not a Thing less. Have fun with it.

So here goes...

1. I think about Lost every six seconds.

2. I was allergic to peanuts in Year 6 and assume that I still am.

3. Jurassic Park is the reason I became a film fanatic. I saw it when I was seven and it remains my favourite film to this day.

4. I think the epilogue at the end of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows is an abomination.

5. I would like the following names for my children: Freddie, Charlotte, Harry, Eleanor and Flashdance.

6. I think the only thing funnier than a fart is a loud fart. The sooner society accepts that, the better.

7. I used to love the word ‘banter’ but now it makes me cringe. I guess that is what they call growing-up. Nevertheless, I still love my first, last and only nickname: Fairbanter.

8. I wish I was more like Sean.

9. I almost didn’t go to the house party where I met my girlfriend. I flipped a coin and let fate/chance decide.

10. When I was a young, I had sixteen short stories published in a local newspaper. Nowadays, I can only read one of them without shuddering.

11. I go to the gym for one reason only: to look good naked.

12. My name is engraved in the Council Chambers at the University of Birmingham Guild of Students. I feel this means I have made my mark, so I will be less bothered if I get hit by a bus.

13. I think His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman is the greatest thing ever written.

14. I recently visited Tokyo (see right), one of two places I have always wanted to see. The other is Reykjavik.

15. I know blogging is pointless but I love it all the same.

16. I am a highly-strung person who tries desperately hard to be easy-going (see No.8).

17. Despite playing basketball between the ages of 8 to 16 and qualifying as a referee, I don’t miss it one bit. However, I tell people I do because I think it makes me sound sporty.

18. I think people who quote Little Britain are the scum of the Earth.

19. When no-one is around I pretend that I am in a film. Usually fighting baddies.

20. Less isn’t more. More is more.

21. The only thing I have ever wanted to do is write stories. However, I have not written one since I was fifteen (see No.10) because I am scared of discovering that I am rubbish.

22. I need things to be tidy.

23. My hangover cure is a glass of ice cold milk and a bacon sandwich with brown sauce.

24. On average, Laura Clark makes me laugh eight times a day. Not once has this ever been intentional.

25. And finally: I love making those little triangles out of used crisp packets.

Lovely stuff.
a

No comments: